As of 4/28/2020, Seneca County will have a new, free mobile application (app) available to county residents that enables them to submit necessary documents. NYDocSubmit is a mobile app that provides individuals who have applied for, or are receiving Department of Human Services (DHS) benefits, the ability to simply and quickly submit documentation to the DHS. This mobile app is available for download on Google Play® or the Apple App Store® and can be used to take photos of documents and upload them to Seneca County DHS. During this time of COVID-19 restrictions, having the ability to submit the necessary documentation from the comfort and safety of home is essential to continue supporting families in our county.
COVID-19 has impacted the employment and income of many county residents. Anyone in receipt of SNAP whose employment has been affected, either because they are currently unemployed or are experiencing a decrease in hours worked, should report these to changes to Senenca County DHS as soon as possible as it may affect their SNAP benefit amount. A convenient way to report this information is to complete and submit an online SNAP change report form (https://www.mybenefits.ny.gov/). If you are now in receipt of unemployment, you can submit proof of this and other documentation using NYDocSubmit.
What is NYDocSubmit?
NYDocSubmit is a mobile application that allows certain applicants and recipients in participating social services districts (districts) to take pictures of their documents and submit them to their local district office using their Apple iOS or Android device. There is no need for the individual to take time off from work, stand in line or travel to the district office to drop off documents.
Note: NYDocSubmit is not monitored for emergencies and is not to be used to submit an application or to submit a periodic report
Which Social Services programs does NYDocSubmit support?
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
- Temporary Assistance (TA)
What type of documents can be submitted using NYDocSubmit?
- Citizenship Status
- Proof of Income
- Medical Documentation
- Proof of Household
- SSN or proof of a SSN application
- Other Documentation
What type of documents should NOT be submitted using NYDocSubmit?
NYDocSubmit should not be used to submit sensitive information, such as:
- Child Protective Services (CPS) case information or to report suspected child abuse or maltreatment.
- Documents that contain HIV information.
- Domestic violence information.
- Addresses that must remain confidential to safeguard any member of an applicant’s or recipient’s household.
Note: If an application for services or documents for other programs are received through NYDocSubmit, the district must follow existing procedures for applications and rerouting documents.
What technology support is available for NYDocSubmit?
The Office of Information Technology Services (OITS) Service Desk supports NYDocSubmit. You may contact the Service Desk by:
Note: Questions regarding program requirements or acceptable documentation should be directed to your supervisor.
What is needed to use NYDocSubmit?
- An Apple iOS or Android phone or tablet with a working camera and data or Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Go to the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Search for “NYDocSubmit” (one word).
- Click on GET or INSTALL.
- An existing or new NY.gov ID from https://my.ny.gov.
Note: The Application requires individuals to use the current version of the Application to successfully upload document images.
What languages are available in NYDocSubmit?
- Chinese (Traditional)
How to submit document images using NYDocSubmit?
Note: Please advise applicants and recipients to review and change, if necessary, information identifying the person, case, and/or document category before submitting each document to prevent incorrect submissions.
- Select preferred language.
- Search and select the district to submit documents.
- Select one Program Area.
- Select Document Category.
- Capture the image of the document.*
- Enter identifying and contact information:
- Enter submission details (at least one field is required):
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Client Identification Number (CIN)
- Case Number
- Date of Birth
- Confirm or edit the information and submission details.
- Submit the document.
- A confirmation screen will appear following a successful upload (i.e., no “receipt” will be sent). In addition, a history of document uploads submitted under that NY.gov ID will be available in the application for 60 days after the date of image upload.
- The individual should wait to receive the confirmation screen before submitting another document or closing the application, e.g., “swipe the screen”.