Founded in 1975, the Office for the Aging provides a number of services, both directly and through subcontracts, for Seneca County residents 60 years of age and over.
Resources and Information
TO FIND A COVID VACCINE NEAR YOU….
Go to vaccines.gov then call or get online to schedule an appointment. If you are 60 years or older and need assistance in scheduling an appointment, please contact the Office for the Aging at (315) 539-1765.
- Telephone Reassurance
- Home Delivered Meal
- Congregate Meals
- Energy Assistance (HEAP)
- Legal Assistance
- Recreation Programs
- Nutrition Counseling
- Mature Driving Course
- Home Repair
- Case Management
- In-Home Aide Service
- Emergency Response Units
- Bi-Monthly Newsletter
- Loan Closet
- Tax Counseling/Assist.
- Health Screenings (BP)
- Nutrition Education
- Educational Presentations
- Health Insurance Counseling
We have set, suggested contribution rates for some of our programs. Individuals are provided with a free and voluntary opportunity to contribute towards the cost of services. No senior citizen will be denied services through our office or its subcontractors because of the inability or unwillingness to contribute. All contributions remain confidential and are used to expand services. The one exception is the In-Home Services Program (EISEP). Depending on your income, there is a sliding fee scale used for this program.
Home Care Workers
- Expanded In-Home Services to the Elderly Program (EISEP)
- Registry of Privately Available Home Care Workers
- This is a listing of privately available home care workers who are interested in work in the area. The worker and the persons obtaining the registry both sign waivers of liability releasing the County from any responsibility.
Nutrition Program Information
- South County Home Delivered Meals
- This program provides home-delivered meals in south Seneca County. One hot noon meal containing 1/3 RDA is delivered five days/week to homebound, isolated senior citizens. In addition, shelf life meals are provided for evenings, weekends, and holidays. The suggested contribution is $2.25/hot noon meal, $1.75/supper meal, and $4.00 for the three-meal package for weekends, holidays, or emergencies.
- Meals on Wheels – North Seneca Co.
- This service provides one or two meals each day Monday through Friday delivered at lunchtime to homebound senior citizens who reside in north Seneca County. Each meal contains 1/3 of the recommended RDA. The suggested contribution is $3.30 per meal.
- Nutrition Counseling Information
- This service provides information and guidance to an individual and/or his/her caregiver to improve his/her health through proper nutrition. Based on the nutrition assessment, a care plan for counseling including follow-up is developed and implemented by a registered or a registration eligible dietitian.
- Seneca Farmers Market
- The Seneca Farmers Market in Seneca Falls is your direct link to family farmers, bakers, artisans, and crafters from around Seneca County. Visit every Wednesday from June 7th until mid- October for the freshest and tastiest produce around. Local really DOES taste better so come support your local growers and experience that “Right Off the Farm” difference!
- Seneca Farmers Market
- Caregiver Resource Guide
- Finger Lakes Chapter of American Red Cross
- For H.E.A.P. assistance contact the Office of the Aging at (315) 539-1765
- Human Services Directory of External Agencies
- NY CONNECTS
- N.Y.S. O.F.A.
- Weatherization Program
- HEAP Press Release 2021
- September Menu 2021
- Wellness Program 2021
- Tai Chi – Seneca Falls OFA – Fall 2021
- Insurance Outreach Visits 2021
- AmeriCorps Living Healthy Programs
- Office for the Aging August 2021 Newsletter
- Caregiver Boxes Available At The Seneca Falls Library
- Farmers Markets In Seneca County
- Ovid Health Center Fruit and Vegetable Prescription Program
- Re-Weatherization Policy
- New Partnership Brings Live Virtual Classes To Older Adults For Free
- NYSOFANYSOFA Launches 300+ Live Online Classes For Isolated Older New Yorkers | Office for the Aging
- Scam Alerts To Be Aware Of
- Do You Have Concerns About Falling?
- COVID VACCINESTO FIND A COVID VACCINE NEAR YOU….. Go to vaccines.gov then call or get online to schedule an appointment. If you are 60 years or older and need assistance in scheduling an appointment, please contact the Office for the Aging at (315) 539-1765.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Scams
- SENECA COUNTY SENIOR CENTER, INC.Attached is a flyer regarding the Seneca County Senior Center transportation service. For more information contact Chris at (315) 539-1780.
- NEW YORK STATE OFFICE FOR THE AGING ANNOUNCES LAUNCH OF NEW ONLINE TOOL TO HELP OLDER NEW YORKERS AND OTHER HIGH-RISK INDIVIDUALS PROTECT THEMSELVES FROM COVID-19CV19 CheckUp Tool Developed by BellAge Offers Individualized Support Options to Help Reduce Risk and Enhance Quality of Life for High Risk New Yorkers of All Ages: newyork.cv19checkup.org
- New York State Contact TracingNew York State has partnered with Bloomberg Philanthropies, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and Vital Strategies to create the NYS Contact Tracing Program, a nation-leading initiative to help slow the spread of COVID-19 and make it safer to begin to return to normal again. For more information please click the link below. https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/new-york-state-contact-tracing
- Local Grocery and Pharmacy Operation Information COVID-19Please see attached for information about the local grocery and pharmacy operation.
- Scam WarningAttached is a warning from the New York State Office for the Aging about a government gran scam.
- COVID – 19 INFO
- Dial-A-Friend ProgramAttached, is a flyer for the Dial-A-Friend program through the Seneca County Office for the Aging. Dial-A-Friend Program
- Alzheimer’s Association Office HoursA Community Manager from the Alzheimer’s Association will be at the Office for the Aging on the first Friday of the month and the third Thursday. For more information see the attached flyer. Alzheimer’s Association Office Hours