Founded in 1975, the Office for the Aging provides a number of services, both directly and through subcontracts, for Seneca County residents 60 years of age and over.
- Telephone Reassurance
- Home Delivered Meal
- Congregate Meals
- Energy Assistance (HEAP)
- Legal Assistance
- Recreation Programs
- Nutrition Counseling
- Mature Driving Course
- Home Repair
- Case Management
- In-Home Aide Service
- Emergency Response Units
- Bi-Monthly Newsletter
- Loan Closet
- Tax Counseling/Assist.
- Health Screenings (BP)
- Nutrition Education
- Educational Presentations
- Health Insurance Counseling
We have set, suggested contribution rates for some of our programs. Individuals are provided with a free and voluntary opportunity to contribute towards the cost of services. No senior citizen will be denied services through our office or its subcontractors because of the inability or unwillingness to contribute. All contributions remain confidential and are used to expand services. The one exception is the In-Home Services Program (EISEP). Depending on your income, there is a sliding fee scale used for this program.
Home Care Workers
- Expanded In-Home Services to the Elderly Program (EISEP)
- Registry of Privately Available Home Care Workers
- This is a listing of privately available home care workers who are interested in work in the area. The worker and the persons obtaining the registry both sign waivers of liability releasing the County from any responsibility.
Nutrition Program Information
- South County Home Delivered Meals
- This program provides home-delivered meals in south Seneca County. One hot noon meal containing 1/3 RDA is delivered five days/week to homebound, isolated senior citizens. In addition, shelf life meals are provided for evenings, weekends, and holidays. The suggested contribution is $2.25/hot noon meal, $1.75/supper meal, and $4.00 for the three-meal package for weekends, holidays, or emergencies.
- Meals on Wheels – North Seneca Co.
- This service provides one or two meals each day Monday through Friday delivered at lunchtime to homebound senior citizens who reside in north Seneca County. Each meal contains 1/3 of the recommended RDA. The suggested contribution is $3.30 per meal.
- Nutrition Counseling Information
- This service provides information and guidance to an individual and/or his/her caregiver to improve his/her health through proper nutrition. Based on the nutrition assessment, a care plan for counseling including follow-up is developed and implemented by a registered or a registration eligible dietitian.
- Seneca Farmers Market
- The Seneca Farmers Market in Seneca Falls is your direct link to family farmers, bakers, artisans, and crafters from around Seneca County. Visit every Wednesday from June 7th until mid- October for the freshest and tastiest produce around. Local really DOES taste better so come support your local growers and experience that “Right Off the Farm” difference!
- Seneca Farmers Market
- Caregiver Resource Guide
- Finger Lakes Chapter of American Red Cross
- For H.E.A.P. assistance contact the Office of the Aging at (315) 539-1765
- Human Services Directory of External Agencies
- NY CONNECTS
- N.Y.S. O.F.A.
- Weatherization Program
- Virtual Healthy Living ClassAttached is a flyer for a Virtual Healthy Living Class for more information please call Hannah or Sarah at (585) 738-5539.
- NEW YORK STATE OFFICE FOR THE AGING REMINDS OLDER NEW YORKERS TO GET THEIR FLU SHOTOlder Adults at Greatest Risk for Serious Complications from Influenza and COVID-19 Albany, NY—The New York State Office for the Aging (NYSOFA) is reminding older adults and caregivers about the importance of getting their flu vaccination as soon as possible. Flu season is already underway—and can last as late as May. The flu shot is […]
- SENECA COUNTY SENIOR CENTER, INC.Attached is a flyer regarding the Seneca County Senior Center transportation service. For more information contact Chris at (315) 539-1780.
- Home Energy Assistance Program Press ReleasePlease see attached for more information about the press release
- NEW YORK STATE OFFICE FOR THE AGING ANNOUNCES LAUNCH OF NEW ONLINE TOOL TO HELP OLDER NEW YORKERS AND OTHER HIGH-RISK INDIVIDUALS PROTECT THEMSELVES FROM COVID-19CV19 CheckUp Tool Developed by BellAge Offers Individualized Support Options to Help Reduce Risk and Enhance Quality of Life for High Risk New Yorkers of All Ages: newyork.cv19checkup.org
- VOLUNTEER SPOTLIGHTThis is Frank Arpino, one of the volunteers with the North Seneca County Meals Home Delivered Meals program. Frank retired a couple years ago from a 40+ year career as a professional truck driver. About a year and a half ago he joined the program and delivers a route in the north west corner […]
- New York State Contact TracingNew York State has partnered with Bloomberg Philanthropies, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and Vital Strategies to create the NYS Contact Tracing Program, a nation-leading initiative to help slow the spread of COVID-19 and make it safer to begin to return to normal again. For more information please click the link below. https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/new-york-state-contact-tracing