Founded in 1975, the Office for the Aging provides a number of services, both directly and through subcontracts, for Seneca County residents 60 years of age and over.
Resources and Information
As you may know, Seneca County Office for the Aging is assisting our Public Health Department in answering questions regarding the availability of COVID-19 vaccines. With the distribution process still being in the early stages, there has been an extremely high demand for the vaccine with only a limited and unpredictable supply available at this time. We understand that this has been difficult and many are feeling frustrated, overwhelmed, and defeated with their attempts to find and schedule appointments. Please be assured that Office for the Aging and the Department of Public Health are working tirelessly to assist as many eligible individuals get vaccinated as quickly as possible. We ask that members of our community remain calm and be patient during this difficult and unprecedented time.
To further assist eligible individuals gain access to the COVID-19 vaccine, we have compiled a list of online resources for the community to utilize in their effort to independently find and schedule appointments. This list includes various links that will help determine eligibility, locate distribution sites, sign up for direct alerts, schedule appointments (when available), and access general information surrounding COVID-19 and the vaccine.
PLEASE BE AWARE: At this time appointments are required for all vaccination sites. If you show up to a site without an appointment, you will likely be turned away.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: When appointments become available, they fill up very quickly. Although appointments may not currently be available, we strongly urge you to check the attached links as frequently as possible for any updates.
Please save the resource information below so that you can more quickly and easily access the links provided. You may also share this information with other eligible members of the community.
COVID-19 VACCINE RESOURCE and INFORMATION
NYS Department of Health
Use this tool to determine eligibility and to schedule an appointment at a New York State-run vaccination site (NYS Fairgrounds, Rochester Dome arena, etc.) If eligible, you will see when appointments are available at each of the sites listed in this link. Although appointments may not currently be available, we encourage you to check as frequently as possible for any updates.
Information and Vaccination Instructions: https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/
Finger Lakes Vaccine Hub
Use this link to find places throughout the Finger Lakes where the vaccine is being administered to eligible community members. It includes each county within the Finger Lakes and provides direct links to each of the vaccination sites in those areas. Although appointments may not currently be available, we encourage you to check as frequently as possible for any updates.
LOCAL PHARMACY INFO
Kinney Drugs is scheduling appointments for eligible individuals as vaccines become available. At this time, you MUST sign up online. These appointments fill up VERY quickly. Make sure to have your ID, Medicare #, and Prescription Insurance plan information handy when scheduling an appointment. Although appointments may not currently be available, we encourage you to check as frequently as possible for any updates. We also HIGHLY recommend you sign up for email alerts.
Email Alert Link:
General Information for Vaccine Scheduling Link:
Seneca Falls Location Scheduling Link:
Ovid Location Scheduling Link:
Walgreen’s is currently offering vaccines at some select locations. You will be required to set up an online account with Walgreens.com Pharmacy in order to gain access to their participating locations, available appointments, and to sign-up and register for their alerts. Although appointments may not currently be available, we encourage you to check as frequently as possible for any updates.
Information on How to Register:
Wegmans is offering vaccines at select pharmacy locations including Geneva, Newark and Auburn.
Although appointments may not currently be available, we encourage you to check as frequently as possible for any updates.
General Information including complete list of participating locations:
Rite Aidishelping to administer vaccines in some areas, but is not currently able to schedule appointments directly. At this time, they do not appear to have vaccines available at any local Rite Aid locations; however, they do have a scheduling tool. Although appointments are not currently available, we encourage you to check as frequently as possible for any updates.
Rite Aid COVID-19 information and FAQs:
Wal-Mart is not offering COVID-19 vaccine in New York as of yet, according to their website. Although appointments are not currently available, we encourage you to check as frequently as possible for any updates.
Wal-Mart Vaccination Information: https://corporate.walmart.com/covid-vaccine
For general questions and information please visit our county health department website: http://senecacountyhealthdepartment.com/
- Telephone Reassurance
- Home Delivered Meal
- Congregate Meals
- Energy Assistance (HEAP)
- Legal Assistance
- Recreation Programs
- Nutrition Counseling
- Mature Driving Course
- Home Repair
- Case Management
- In-Home Aide Service
- Emergency Response Units
- Bi-Monthly Newsletter
- Loan Closet
- Tax Counseling/Assist.
- Health Screenings (BP)
- Nutrition Education
- Educational Presentations
- Health Insurance Counseling
We have set, suggested contribution rates for some of our programs. Individuals are provided with a free and voluntary opportunity to contribute towards the cost of services. No senior citizen will be denied services through our office or its subcontractors because of the inability or unwillingness to contribute. All contributions remain confidential and are used to expand services. The one exception is the In-Home Services Program (EISEP). Depending on your income, there is a sliding fee scale used for this program.
Home Care Workers
- Expanded In-Home Services to the Elderly Program (EISEP)
- Registry of Privately Available Home Care Workers
- This is a listing of privately available home care workers who are interested in work in the area. The worker and the persons obtaining the registry both sign waivers of liability releasing the County from any responsibility.
Nutrition Program Information
- South County Home Delivered Meals
- This program provides home-delivered meals in south Seneca County. One hot noon meal containing 1/3 RDA is delivered five days/week to homebound, isolated senior citizens. In addition, shelf life meals are provided for evenings, weekends, and holidays. The suggested contribution is $2.25/hot noon meal, $1.75/supper meal, and $4.00 for the three-meal package for weekends, holidays, or emergencies.
- Meals on Wheels – North Seneca Co.
- This service provides one or two meals each day Monday through Friday delivered at lunchtime to homebound senior citizens who reside in north Seneca County. Each meal contains 1/3 of the recommended RDA. The suggested contribution is $3.30 per meal.
- Nutrition Counseling Information
- This service provides information and guidance to an individual and/or his/her caregiver to improve his/her health through proper nutrition. Based on the nutrition assessment, a care plan for counseling including follow-up is developed and implemented by a registered or a registration eligible dietitian.
- Seneca Farmers Market
- The Seneca Farmers Market in Seneca Falls is your direct link to family farmers, bakers, artisans, and crafters from around Seneca County. Visit every Wednesday from June 7th until mid- October for the freshest and tastiest produce around. Local really DOES taste better so come support your local growers and experience that “Right Off the Farm” difference!
- Seneca Farmers Market
- Caregiver Resource Guide
- Finger Lakes Chapter of American Red Cross
- For H.E.A.P. assistance contact the Office of the Aging at (315) 539-1765
- Human Services Directory of External Agencies
- NY CONNECTS
- N.Y.S. O.F.A.
- Weatherization Program
- Diabetes Prevention
- COVID-19 Vaccine Scams
- Virtual Healthy Living ClassAttached is a flyer for a Virtual Healthy Living Class for more information please call Hannah or Sarah at (585) 738-5539.
- NEW YORK STATE OFFICE FOR THE AGING REMINDS OLDER NEW YORKERS TO GET THEIR FLU SHOTOlder Adults at Greatest Risk for Serious Complications from Influenza and COVID-19 Albany, NY—The New York State Office for the Aging (NYSOFA) is reminding older adults and caregivers about the importance of getting their flu vaccination as soon as possible. Flu season is already underway—and can last as late as May. The flu shot is […]
- SENECA COUNTY SENIOR CENTER, INC.Attached is a flyer regarding the Seneca County Senior Center transportation service. For more information contact Chris at (315) 539-1780.
- Home Energy Assistance Program Press ReleasePlease see attached for more information about the press release
- NEW YORK STATE OFFICE FOR THE AGING ANNOUNCES LAUNCH OF NEW ONLINE TOOL TO HELP OLDER NEW YORKERS AND OTHER HIGH-RISK INDIVIDUALS PROTECT THEMSELVES FROM COVID-19CV19 CheckUp Tool Developed by BellAge Offers Individualized Support Options to Help Reduce Risk and Enhance Quality of Life for High Risk New Yorkers of All Ages: newyork.cv19checkup.org