Opioid overdose continues to be a major public health problem in the United States. It has contributed significantly to accidental deaths among those who use or misuse illicit and prescription opioids.
See the Signs, Save a Life
Many of us wonder “why people start using opioids and why they can’t stop?” The New York Times published a poignant piece recently, “A Visual Journey Through Addiction… How Opioids Hijack the Brain ”, which does a great job of providing us with a snapshot of what it’s like to be living with this devastating disease.
Resources & Documents
- 2019 Opioid Awareness Training Calendar
- Find Treatment For Addiction
- SAMHSA Opioid Overdose Toolkit
- April 2018 Opioid Quarterly Report
- Overdose Reversal Toolkit