The mission of Seneca County addictions services of the Seneca County Community Counseling Center is to partner with individuals, families and our community to provide appropriate, cost-effective comprehensive care to individuals and their families struggling with gambling, alcohol and other substance-related issues. Utilizing culturally competent, patient-centered evidenced-based treatment services, our multi-disciplinary team embraces and fosters individual dignity and respect; promoting hope, honesty, integrity, and teamwork as a way of life. Our goal is to educate, motivate, guide, encourage and support individuals as they gain insight into gambling or substance-related issues and learn new and constructive ways to cope effectively with life’s challenges: promoting recovery from all addictive disorders. Services will be offered to Seneca County residents without prejudice. Services available to residents contingent of Seneca counties as deemed eligible.
Seneca County’s addictions services include the following:
- Substance & gambling related evaluations & treatment:
- Individual/group counseling
- Family therapy
- Medication-assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder and other Substance Use Disorders
- Vocational counseling, and service referrals
- Case Management
- Integrated Substance Use and Mental Health treatment
- OASAS approved impaired driver (DWI) evaluation and treatment services
- Adolescent services
Sometimes, self-screening tools can help people decide if they are ready to reach out for support for problems related to someone’s gambling. The questions below are from the Problem Gambling Severity Index (PGSI). 1This tool is based on common signs and consequences of problem gambling. The questions and your answers can help you determine your risk for developing a gambling problem.
As you move through the questions in the tool, think about your current and past gambling behaviors, or the behaviors of a loved one. After you submit your answers, the tool will give you personalized feedback and resources.
*NOTE: This screening tool is completely anonymous. We are not tracking any individual’s answers and will not ask you any personal or identifying information.
Based on an individual’s income if uninsured. Most insurance is accepted.
- Finger Lakes Addiction Resource Center
- Opioid Awareness
- 1-877-8-HOPENY (NYS Hopeline for addiction resources)
IF YOU SHOULD NEED IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE WHEN THE CLINIC IS CLOSED:
- Persons in crisis may walk-in at any time for immediate service Appointments can be scheduled by calling 315-539-1980
- Call or visit Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program (CPEP at Clifton Springs Hosp) at 315-462-1080
- Call Finger Lakes Lifeline 2-1-1
- Call 9-1-1
- Contact the National Crisis Text Line by texting HOME to 741-741