To improve health by providing quality, preventive health programs, and services to our residents in collaboration with community partners. Together we encourage healthy lifestyles, prevent disease, and promote safe, healthy environments where we live, work and play in Seneca County.
To create healthy communities and safe environments for all generations.
Download Masks Required for Entry signs to print and display at the entry of your Business.
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
It is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities.
Social development involves the way that children relate to their social world and their ability to understand and express emotions, both their own and those of other individuals, such as their parents, teachers and other children. Social development involves learning to form and value relationships with others, feelings about self, and social adjustment to a variety of interactions over time.
Get the latest food inspection results for restaurants, school cafeterias, snack bars, and other food establishments in Seneca County at the below link.
National Public Health Week Video
Creating the healthiest nation starts with me!
Despite what we often hear and read, Americans are not the healthiest people in the world. In the U.S. we spend more on health care but live shorter lives and suffer more health issues than our peers in other high-income countries.
To create the healthiest nation, we all need to start by pledging to take two steps:
Creating a healthy me
We promise to eat well, exercise and get regular checkups. We will make healthy choices that improve our health and set an example for our family and friends.
Creating a healthy we
We recognize that there is a complex web of social and environmental factors that affect everyone’s health and limit the ability of many people to make healthy choices. Today we join the Generation Public Health movement to demand that our leaders consider these factors in all their decisions so that all people and all communities have the opportunity for long, healthy life.
It is only when we come together that we are strong enough to create the healthiest nation in one generation.
We are Generation Public Health.
Community Health Assessment
The Seneca County Lead Poisoning Prevention Program provides lead poisoning testing for children. Free lead poisoning prevention education and materials are available for families, the community and medical professionals.
- Seneca County Community Health Assessment 2019 – 2021
- Seneca County Community Health Improvement Plan
- Lead Poisoning Information & Prevention
- VILLAGE OF INTERLAKEN PLACED ON WATER CONSERVATION ORDER BY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- Rabies ClinicRabies Clinic November 4, 2020 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm Location: Romulus Pre-registration is REQUIRED Everyone in the vehicle must wear a mask To register call (315) 539-1671 by Monday 11/2/20200 or UNTIL FULL Be prepared with prior vaccination proof on hand when registering If you are NOT preregistered you will be turned away Donations […]
- Free Drive Thru Flu ClinicWho can get a shot? This event is for any Seneca County resident who is 19 and over. Registration: This event is pre-registration ONLY. Register by calling 315-539-1920 or online at: https://apps.health.ny.gov/doh2/applinks/cdmspr/2/counties?OplD=9900080 **If you are not pre-registered you will be turned away.** When – Saturday October 24, 2020 from 10:00 am-1:00 pm Where – Health […]
- Boil Water Notice Lifted for Border City Water District
- Rabies Clinic May 13, 2020 Postponed