Welcome to Seneca County’s Planning and Community Development Department website. The Department promotes the sound and orderly economic and physical growth of Seneca County and its constituent municipalities. It is responsible for comprehensive countywide planning, economic development coordination, tourism promotion, community development program implementation, review of local land use referrals, and environmental reviews. Additionally, the Department is responsible for administering the overall development of the Finger Lakes Regional Airport, providing planning and grant writing assistance to local governments, and managing the Agricultural District Program.
The Department also provides staff assistance to the Seneca County Industrial Development Agency (IDA) and is involved in a number of IDA economic development initiatives. Examples include administration of the NYS Empire Zone Program in Seneca County, redevelopment of the former Seneca Army Depot, and assisting business and industry with the site location and development process.
- SENECA COUNTY PLANNING BOARD – THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2023This meeting will be held in-person only in the auditorium of the Health & Senior Services building at 2465 Bonadent Dr., Waterloo, NY 13165
- SENECA COUNTY HOUSING NEEDS ASSESSMENTHousing Between The LakesA Housing Needs Assessment for Seneca County, New York
- 2023 Brownfields Application Consultant REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ)The Seneca County Department of Planning & Community Development (SCPCD) is soliciting Qualification Statements from Environmental Consultants and/or planning firms for professional services to provide guidance and assistance in the production of various applications to Federal and State programs focused on brownfield assessment, abatement, remediation, redevelopment, and planning for brownfield properties within Seneca County, NY. … Read more
- Seneca County Planning Board – Thursday, August 10, 2023This meeting will be held in-person only in the auditorium of the Health & Senior Services building at 2465 Bonadent Dr., Waterloo, NY 13165
- Seneca County Planning Board – Thursday, June 13, 2023This meeting will be held in-person only in the auditorium of the Health & Senior Services building at 2465 Bonadent Dr., Waterloo, NY 13165