All license and motor vehicle renewals can be done in person or forwarded to the address listed. When you renew through us, Seneca County keeps a portion of the fee. If you renew through the State, they keep 100% of the fee.
SENECA COUNTY RESIDENTS:
Please check the expiration of your Driver’s License and Registrations. The State is not sending out renewal notices. Many customers are stating that they are not receiving notices in the mail. If you live in Seneca County you may come into the Department of Motor Vehicles and we will assist you in getting them renewed.
For out of county residents we are bringing back the drop box service to assist you. Due to the restrictions of COVID19 we cannot let you into the office if you do not live in Seneca County. If you use the drop box make sure to leave a blank check or fill out the credit card form that prints out when you print your registration forms online. There will be a 1.00 charge for postage that will have to be cash or check. Please also leave a good contact number so that we may call you if there are any questions.
For drivers licenses you will need the eye test report filled out by your eye doctor or if you get an eye test done by a pharmacist (please include a note telling us that you went to the pharmacy). We cannot process Real ID’s, Enhanced or Commercial Licenses by the drop box procedure.
We have placed forms in the entryway to the building and the drop box is located right in the hallway by the security station. If you have any questions please call 315-539-1775 or 315-539-1770
- Apply for Your First Driver License
- Driver’s Manual & Practice Quiz
- Get Non-Driver ID Card
- Order an Abstract of Your Driver Record
- Renew Learner Permit
- Driver License Renewals, Duplicates, and Changes
- Replace a License or Permit
- Schedule a Road Test
- Other Driver Services
- Check a Title or Lien Status
- Order Personalized Plates
- Renew or Register a Vehicle
- Replace a Title Certificate
- Replace a Registration
- NYS Vehicle Insurance
- Other Vehicle Services
News & Tips
- Quickly find information for members of the US Armed Forces, veterans and military families on DMV Armed Forces Support and Information.
- Checkout the NYS Non-Driver Photo ID Card documents that improve identification protection and help to prevent identity theft.
- Learn how to get the “Clean Pass” vehicle stickers to use the Long Island Expressway (LIE) high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes with only one occupant in the vehicle. You can get the stickers for a model year 2000 to 2004 Honda Insight, the model year 2001 to 2006 Toyota Prius or a model year 2003 to 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid. Clean Pass.
- The Driver Responsibility Program began on November 18, 2004. Read about Point & Insurance Reduction Program about driver responsibility assessments.
- Protect yourself against the purchase of a vehicle or boat affected by Hurricane Katrina or Hurricane Rita. Go to the web site of the National Insurance Crimes Bureau.
- Read about the new NYS Vehicle Inspection Program (NYVIP) that will include an OBDII test of the emissions control systems of vehicles.
- The NYS Commercial Driver’s Manual for CDL drivers is now on-line. Read New York State Commercial Driver’s Manual you can download and print.
- Read about the required certifications for original or renewal commercial driver license (CDL) applicants.
- Get information about the new requirement for the CDL “S” endorsement for school bus drivers.
- Commercial carriers can get credentials for IRP, HUT, IFTA, and SSRS at the OSCAR website.
- Read the information about ATV Registrations.
- You can save time at the DMV office when you register a vehicle that you purchased in a private sale. Use the
E-ZVisit registration option!
- Read the FAQs to get information about reserved parking for persons with disabilities, boats, snowmobiles, ATVs, mopeds, DWI, motor vehicle accidents, traffic tickets, changes of name or address, and other topics.
- Get statistics about driver licenses, vehicle registrations, and motor vehicle accidents