All license and motor vehicle renewals can be done in person or forwarded to the address listed. When you renew through us, Seneca County keeps a portion of the fee. If you renew through the State, they keep 100% of the fee.
The Department of Motor Vehicles is still closed, but patiently awaiting an opening date from the Governor. I know that there are many young adults waiting to take the written permit test once we do open. I am at this time compiling a list of names and numbers of those wishing to take the test so that when we do open we can work to get everyone taken care of. Once we get an open date you would receive a phone call to schedule a day and time to come into the office to take the permit test. If you would like to be added to the list please call 315-539-1770 between 9:00 and 4:00. This service is only open to SENECA COUNTY RESIDENTS at this time.
- Apply for Your First Driver License
- Driver’s Manual & Practice Quiz
- Get Non-Driver ID Card
- Order an Abstract of Your Driver Record
- Renew Learner Permit
- Driver License Renewals, Duplicates, and Changes
- Replace a License or Permit
- Schedule a Road Test
- Other Driver Services
- Check a Title or Lien Status
- Order Personalized Plates
- Renew or Register a Vehicle
- Replace a Title Certificate
- Replace a Registration
- NYS Vehicle Insurance
- Other Vehicle Services
News & Tips
- Quickly find information for members of the US Armed Forces, veterans and military families on DMV Armed Forces Support and Information.
- Checkout the NYS Non-Driver Photo ID Card documents that improve identification protection and help to prevent identity theft.
- Learn how to get the “Clean Pass” vehicle stickers to use the Long Island Expressway (LIE) high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes with only one occupant in the vehicle. You can get the stickers for a model year 2000 to 2004 Honda Insight, the model year 2001 to 2006 Toyota Prius or a model year 2003 to 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid. Clean Pass.
- The Driver Responsibility Program began on November 18, 2004. Read about Point & Insurance Reduction Program about driver responsibility assessments.
- Protect yourself against the purchase of a vehicle or boat affected by Hurricane Katrina or Hurricane Rita. Go to the web site of the National Insurance Crimes Bureau.
- Read about the new NYS Vehicle Inspection Program (NYVIP) that will include an OBDII test of the emissions control systems of vehicles.
- The NYS Commercial Driver’s Manual for CDL drivers is now on-line. Read New York State Commercial Driver’s Manual you can download and print.
- Read about the required certifications for original or renewal commercial driver license (CDL) applicants.
- Get information about the new requirement for the CDL “S” endorsement for school bus drivers.
- Commercial carriers can get credentials for IRP, HUT, IFTA, and SSRS at the OSCAR website.
- Read the information about ATV Registrations.
- You can save time at the DMV office when you register a vehicle that you purchased in a private sale. Use the
E-ZVisit registration option!
- Read the FAQs to get information about reserved parking for persons with disabilities, boats, snowmobiles, ATVs, mopeds, DWI, motor vehicle accidents, traffic tickets, changes of name or address, and other topics.
- Get statistics about driver licenses, vehicle registrations, and motor vehicle accidents