The County Clerk is an elected official who serves as the Clerk of the State Supreme Courts in the County, and Clerk of the County Court. The County Clerk is responsible for providing files, records, and indexes of papers in legal actions and proceedings.
Seneca County Clerk Fee Schedule
Seneca County Clerk Tina Lotz is excited to announce that the records in the Seneca County Clerk’s Office are now on line. The web address is USlandrecords.com. In the drop down box select New York and then you will select Seneca County. Our web page will come up with instructions for you to follow. I am so pleased to offer this service to all users of the Seneca County Clerk’s Office .
Tina Lotz is currently working on implementing E-recording for all land documents which will be completed before the end of the year. These are progressive changes that will enhance the office.
SENECA COUNTY RESIDENTS:
Please check the expiration of your Driver’s License and Registrations. The State is not sending out renewal notices. Many customers are stating that they are not receiving notices in the mail. If you live in Seneca County you may come into the Department of Motor Vehicles and we will assist you in getting them renewed.
For out of county residents we are bringing back the drop box service to assist you. Due to the restrictions of COVID19 we cannot let you into the office if you do not live in Seneca County. If you use the drop box make sure to leave a blank check or fill out the credit card form that prints out when you print your registration forms online. There will be a 1.00 charge for postage that will have to be cash or check. Please also leave a good contact number so that we may call you if there are any questions.
For drivers licenses you will need the eye test report filled out by your eye doctor or if you get an eye test done by a pharmacist (please include a note telling us that you went to the pharmacy). We cannot process Real ID’s, Enhanced or Commercial Licenses by the drop box procedure.
We have placed forms in the entryway to the building and the drop box is located right in the hallway by the security station. If you have any questions please call 315-539-1775 or 315-539-1770
Clerk’s Office Duties
- Court Duties
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Certificates of Satisfaction
- Corporate Filings
- File Oaths of Office of County officials
- Issue motor vehicle registrations and licenses
- Notary Public applications & appointments
- Original Passport Applications
- Record Deeds, mortgages, assignments, and liens
Applying for Passbook or Passcard Requirements
- Two identical 2 x 2 standardized passport photos taken within the past 6 months
- A birth certificate with a raised seal (or your most recent passport) to be submitted to the passport agency with your application. Birth certificates will be returned after processing. A hospital-issued birth certificate will not be acceptable.
- Passport applicants age 15 and under require both parental signatures or a notarized affidavit as necessary. Applicants ages 16 – 17 require one parental signature.
- Passbooks are $110.00 for an adult and $80.00 for children 15 and under. Passcards are $30.00 for an adult and $15.00 for children 15 and under. Check or money order made payable to U.S. Dept. of State. Cash or credit is not accepted.
- A driver’s license or another form of ID with a picture or description and signature is required.
- A $25.00 execution fee made payable to Seneca County Clerk. Payment can be in the form of a check, money order or cash.
- The normal processing time is 4 – 6 weeks. This is subject to change depending on the time of year.