The County Clerk is an elected official who serves as the Clerk of the State Supreme Courts in the County, and Clerk of the County Court. The County Clerk is responsible for providing files, records, and indexes of papers in legal actions and proceedings.
The Department of Motor Vehicles is still closed, but patiently awaiting an opening date from the Governor. I know that there are many young adults waiting to take the written permit test once we do open. I am at this time compiling a list of names and numbers of those wishing to take the test so that when we do open we can work to get everyone taken care of. Once we get an open date you would receive a phone call to schedule a day and time to come into the office to take the permit test. If you would like to be added to the list please call 315-539-1770 between 9:00 and 4:00. This service is only open to SENECA COUNTY RESIDENTS at this time.
Clerk’s Office Duties
- Court Duties
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Certificates of Satisfaction
- Corporate Filings
- File Oaths of Office of County officials
- Issue motor vehicle registrations and licenses
- Notary Public applications & appointments
- Original Passport Applications
- Record Deeds, mortgages, assignments, and liens
Applying for Passbook or Passcard Requirements
- Two identical 2 x 2 standardized passport photos taken within the past 6 months
- A birth certificate with a raised seal (or your most recent passport) to be submitted to the passport agency with your application. Birth certificates will be returned after processing. A hospital-issued birth certificate will not be acceptable.
- Passport applicants age 15 and under require both parental signatures or a notarized affidavit as necessary. Applicants ages 16 – 17 require one parental signature.
- Passbooks are $110.00 for an adult and $80.00 for children 15 and under. Passcards are $30.00 for an adult and $15.00 for children 15 and under. Check or money order made payable to U.S. Dept. of State. Cash or credit is not accepted.
- A driver’s license or another form of ID with a picture or description and signature is required.
- A $25.00 execution fee made payable to Seneca County Clerk. Payment can be in the form of a check, money order or cash.
- The normal processing time is 4 – 6 weeks. This is subject to change depending on the time of year.