The County Clerk is an elected official who serves as the Clerk of the State Supreme Courts in the County, and Clerk of the County Court. The County Clerk is responsible for providing files, records, and indexes of papers in legal actions and proceedings.
Seneca County Clerk Tina Lotz is excited to announce that the records in the Seneca County Clerk’s Office are now on line. The web address is USlandrecords.com. In the drop down box select New York and then you will select Seneca County. Our web page will come up with instructions for you to follow. I am so pleased to offer this service to all users of the Seneca County Clerk’s Office .
Tina Lotz is currently working on implementing E-recording for all land documents which will be completed before the end of the year. These are progressive changes that will enhance the office.
Clerk’s Office Duties
- Court Duties
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Certificates of Satisfaction
- Corporate Filings
- File Oaths of Office of County officials
- Issue motor vehicle registrations and licenses
- Notary Public applications & appointments
- Original Passport Applications
- Record Deeds, mortgages, assignments, and liens
Applying for Passbook or Passcard Requirements
- Two identical 2 x 2 standardized passport photos taken within the past 6 months
- A birth certificate with a raised seal (or your most recent passport) to be submitted to the passport agency with your application. Birth certificates will be returned after processing. A hospital-issued birth certificate will not be acceptable.
- Passport applicants age 15 and under require both parental signatures or a notarized affidavit as necessary. Applicants ages 16 – 17 require one parental signature.
- Passbooks are $110.00 for an adult and $80.00 for children 15 and under. Passcards are $30.00 for an adult and $15.00 for children 15 and under. Check or money order made payable to U.S. Dept. of State. Cash or credit is not accepted.
- A driver’s license or another form of ID with a picture or description and signature is required.
- A $25.00 execution fee made payable to Seneca County Clerk. Payment can be in the form of a check, money order or cash.
- The normal processing time is 4 – 6 weeks. This is subject to change depending on the time of year.