The County Attorney is the legal advisor to the County Board of Supervisors and other county employees in all matters involving an official act of a civil nature.
The County Attorney prosecutes and defends civil actions and proceedings brought by or against the county.
The County Attorney prosecutes cases in Family Court involving Child Abuse, Persons in Need of Supervision and Juvenile Delinquents.
The County Attorney supervises the operations of the County’s Department of Law.
- American Bar Association
- Cornell Law School, Legal Information Institution
- New York State Assembly
- New York State Attorney General
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Committee on Open Government
- The County Attorneys’ Association of the State of New York
- New York DCJS Sex Offender Registry
- New York State Missing Persons Clearinghouse
- New York State Senate
- New York State Unified Court System
- United States Department of Justice
- United States Supreme Court