The County Clerk is an elected official who serves as the Clerk of the State Supreme Courts in the County, and Clerk of the County Court. The County Clerk is responsible for providing files, records, and indexes of papers in legal actions and proceedings.
COVID – 19 Response Press Release
At this time the County Clerk’s records room will be closed to the public for researching of records. Real Estate documents and Court documents will continue to be processed thru drop off, mail, or efiling for Court documents. Papers will go on records within 3 days of receiving them.
Click Link Below For Full Press Release
Protocols for New York State Courts E-Filing:
In addition to Court duties, various statutes require that the Clerk’s office duties also pertain to:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Certificates of Satisfaction
- Corporate Filings
- File Oaths of Office of County officials
- Issue motor vehicle registrations and licenses
- Notary Public applications & appointments
- Original Passport Applications
- Record Deeds, mortgages, assignments, and liens
When applying for a passbook or passcard you will need the following:
- Two identical 2 x 2 standardized passport photos taken within the past 6 months
- A birth certificate with a raised seal (or your most recent passport) to be submitted to the passport agency with your application. Birth certificates will be returned after processing. A hospital issued birth certificate will not be acceptable.
- Passport applicants age 15 and under require both parental signatures or a notarized affidavit as necessary. Applicants ages 16 – 17 require one parental signature.
- Passbooks are $110.00 for an adult and $80.00 for children 15 and under. Passcards are $30.00 for an adult and $15.00 for children 15 and under. Check or money order made payable to: U.S. Dept. of State. Cash or credit is not accepted.
- A driver’s license or other form of ID with picture or description and signature is required.
- A $25.00 execution fee made payable to Seneca County Clerk. Payment can be in the form of a check, money order or cash.
- Normal processing time is 4 – 6 weeks. This is subject to change depending on the time of year.